Can't Imagine Why

Can't Imagine Why (cantimaginewhy.com) is the website I made to showcase my art. The name has no particular meaning, other than I needed a name and it was available.

This blog is about my process of building it. I have some help on the design, but so far the coding is all me. Hopefully writing about it will at least help me get out of my own way and think more clearly, even if no one else ever reads it.

I got the idea from one of my classmates at General Assembly, Chuck Curtiss. He started a blog to document the process of building a coding project. It seemed like such a good idea, I decided to copy it. That was about 2 months ago; I'm finally getting around to doing it.

Here's an overview of my project. It's a site to display artwork, specifically mine. Additionally, it will allow users to purchase prints and other derived products, as well as original pieces.
At this point, it's not so much an app as a site. The difference is that my users are visitors, and they don't need to be able to create, update, or delete any items; only to retrieve them. Maybe in the future, I can create a full app that allows someone other than me to manage their own artwork, but that's not part of the MVP.

Because my least favorite part of building a site is the design part, I talked some UXDI graduates into doing that part for me. As of this writing, that process is still ongoing, so I've been working on the site's functionality with minimal thought to how things look. As long as I follow basic standards of separating style from code, I should be able to apply the semi-professional designs as soon as they are available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basically done! (at least on full-screen. except for some issues.)

Getting back to it, again

Mobile Issues